Jesus Christ – Lord and Saviour of Kalothetou Church
It is a single spaced byzantine temple, dedicated to the Resurrection of the Jesus Christ, and the interior and exterior decoration is made by rare wall paintings. It was built at the end of the 13th century by Xenos Psalidas and completed few years later by his wife named Eufrosini, at the beginning of the 14th century as the dedicatory inscription of the temple indicates.
The church was inaugurated in 1315 by Bishop Nifona of Veria, while the exquisite wall paintings of the interior decoration constitutes a paintwork of the great Thessalonikian iconographer, George Kaliergis, one of the most important iconographers of that time. The exterior iconographies were painted in 1727 and completed the impressive and rare decoration of the temple.