Medresse Mosque-Pavleio Cultural Center
Located on the southeast side of the Byzantine city. Its name implies the existence of another building, the Medresse (theological school), not preserved today. It is adjacent to and behind the Altar of Apostle Paul and the elementary school. It is preserved in good condition. It was built in 1850 with materials of Apostle Paul’s Byzantine church, which was demolished after having been converted into a mosque by Mussa Tselebi, conqueror of the town. On the side of the mosque, there was a theological school (Medresses) until 1922 which was burned down and gave its name to the mosque. It shared the enclosure with the altar of Apostle Paul, where religious, spiritual discussions took place.