The temple of Saint Procopius was built in the 14th century and was originally a single-spaced temple with a wooden roof. Later on, after many interventions till the beginning of the 17th century, the temple converted into the three-aisled basilica we see today.
The oldest and most significant wall paintings that adorn the west wall of the original temple were created at the end of the 14th century. In 1589 and 1607 the temple was redecorated by significant wall paintings including the Nativity, the Annunciation, the Man of Sorrow and the Ascension, as well as icons of many saints such as Saint Achilles, Saint Constantine and Saint Helen, Saint Theodora, Saint Mamas etc.
Municipality of Veria
Mitropoleos 46 str. 59100
firstname.lastname@example.org / tourismVeria@gmail.com