The Municipal District of Tripotamos includes the settlements of Tripotamos, Kato Komnineio and Komnineio. The inhabitants of the village are Pontic Greeks, coming from the Caucasus region. In the center of the village, in the central square, there is a marble hero, which is dedicated to all the victims of the war of 1940. The church of the village of Apostolos Petros and Pavlos was owned by the ancestors of the refugees in the village of Malaha in Argyroupolis of the region of Pontos, as well as in the village of Sintikom in Caucasus region.
The village church of the Apostles Peter and Paul.
On June 27, the village has its festival due to the church of the Apostles Peter and Paul.