The village of Agia Marina is inhabited by natives and refugees from Minor Asia and Pontos. The main occupations of the inhabitants are agriculture and animal farming. It is said that the village got its name from Saint Marina which is also the patron saint of the place. Both sanctuaries of the village (old and new) named after her. The inhabitants believe that the Saint has performed many miracles and there are many who claim that they have met her. In the 1930s a great flood completely destroyed the village which was built to the south. The only building that survived was the church of Saint Marina. It is believed that it was the Saint who protected the Temple and that she resides in it and protects it even today. According to a local ledend, the original icon from the old temple of Saint Marina that the villagers decided to move to their new temple always used to find its way back to the old temple in a miraculous way.
The Holy Temple of Saint Marina was built in 1700 and has been declared as historic monument. It is a single-spaced temple with a semicircular external arch with frescoes dating back to the 18th century, icons from the 19th century and a wood-carved cross. The Holy Temple is located 2 km east of the village of Agia Marina..
Each 16th and 17th of July, the local Cultural Association organizes events in the context of the
celebration of the village and the homonymous church “Saint Marina” with traditional dances with the participation of cultural associations of the area. Every December the 23rd, the traditional event “Kolde” is celebrated with the lighting of a large fire in the center of the village.
Each December the 23rd , the traditional event “Kolde” is celebrated with the lighting of a large fire in the center of the village.