One of the smallest settlements in the roots of Pieria next to Aliakmonas River. The wider area of the settlement that gave the name to the village was “metochi” (Glebe-Monastery land) of Holy Monastery of St. John the Baptist, which is located close to the settlement. In 1922, refugees from the region of Caucasus moved in the area, while in 1928, refugees from Trabzon were also settled there. The newly built church of the settlement is dedicated to the memory of Saint Irini and Saint Panteleimon while the first but small church located in the cemetery of the settlement is dedicated to the Isapostles Constantine and Helen. It is worth noting that near the settlement in antiquity there was a sanctuary of Artemis.
The holy temples
The holy temples of Saint Irini and Saint Panteleimon and the holy temple of the Isapostles Constantine and Helen.
The amazing view from the hill
21st of May
On the 21st of May the village celebrates the Isapostles Constantine and Helen.