The settlement of Mesi stands East of Veria and at a distance of 3km. During the years of Ottoman rule, the whole area was a beys’ estate and the inhabitants worked as workers on the estates and they were taxed with the “tithe”until 1924. During the Macedonian Struggle the inhabitants of the settlement were used as feeders, guides and guardians of the paths. In 1925, refugees from Eastern Thrace, Pontos, Asia Minor and the Caucasus were added to the local population. The church of the village is dedicated to the Assumption of the Virgin Mary and celebrates at the 15th of August. The inhabitants of Mesi are engaged in agriculture, while it is worth mentioning the fact that in earlier times men and women wore the characteristic “Rumloukioti” costume.
The church of Agia Paraskevi
Near the settlement there is the church of Agia Paraskevi that was built during the Turkish occupation while the school was built in 1954.
August the 15th
August the 15th where the village church celebrates.