France

Church of Saint Anna

Church of Saint Anna

The Church of Saint Anna was built in the 15th century on the ruins of an early Christian basilica (6th century) as a single-spaced temple; it was later converted through extensive interventions into a two-aisled temple. The older murals of the temple on the interior side of the west wall date back to the 1500. The murals decorating the exterior side of the same wall came a little later (1520). The icons on the Sanctum and the south wall of the today’s temple were created around the end of the 16th century.

Share On Facebook
Share On Twitter
Share On Youtube