Church of Saint George “Mikros” (Makariotisas)
The Church of Saint George “Mikros” (Makariotisas) was originally a single-spaced temple and was built at the beginning of the 15th century. Later on, after extensive interventions until the 17th century it was converted into a three-aisled basilica with a two aisled-roof, preserving only the Sanctum of its original construction now.
In the preserved section of the original Sanctum of the temple, there are many exquisite murals such as the wall painting of the fully figured Virgin Mary, the Annunciation, and the Ascension as well as murals from saints like St. George, St. John Chrysostom, St. Nicolas, St.Polykarpos, St. Vlasios, St. George, St. Gerontios and St. Spyridon. Later on, in 1643, depictions from the life of St. George were added on the north aisle of the newer temple.