France

Church of Lord Saint George of Gramatiko

Church of Lord Saint George of Gramatiko

The temple of Saint George “the Lord of Grammatiko” was built at the beginning of the 14th century, and it was finally reconstructed and extended when various constructing phases came after between the 16th and the 17th century. The temple refers to a wooden roofed aisled basilica with plentiful wall painting decoration, characteristics that classify the temple as one of the most important temples in Veria.
The rare wall paintings of St. George “the lord of Grammatiko” temple date back to 1380 till the beginning of the 18th century, while the wall paintings of the southern wall impresses with the depictions of full –figured monks and Christ in Chains [«Elkomenos»] .

Share On Facebook
Share On Twitter
Share On Youtube