France

Church Saint Nicholas of Makariotisa

Church Saint Nicholas of Makariotisa

The Church of Saint Nicholas of Makariotisa was built in the 16th century a single-spaced temple with a wooden roof; the building has undergone various changes till today only preserving the section of the original west wall. The biggest part of the painting decoration dating back to the period 1571-1573 is due to nun Rebecca who is represented as the owner of the temple according to the inscriptions. A lot of murals from the 18th century are also preserved decorating the alcove, the west wall and the Sanctum of the present temple.

Share On Facebook
Share On Twitter
Share On Youtube