Veria hosts numerous sport events of national and international interest. The most popular events are:
• Rally Filllipos: A car racing event is being organized for the past 20 years by the Car club of Veria on tracks of Vermio Mountain.
• Philippos road race: A medium-distance road race (15 km) organized for charity, every year in December, honoring King Phillip II; the race starts from the archeological site of Aigai and the finishingline is set at the Town Hall Square of Veria.
• Riv3r enduro Crossing: It is a unique sporting event in the field of motorcycling, gathering for three days in the city of Veria top athletes (expert, trial, XLclass, veterans, hobby) from Greece and abroad who will compete with each other on the shores of the river Tripotamos. Visit event’s website www.riverhardenduro.com
• Mountainous running race in Ksirolivado: The “Ksirolivado Mountainous Race” which is considered to be an easy level race (14.5 km) among a forest area of astonishing landscape, with small uphilldownhill differences and many spots with paths that make runners feel more comfortable.
• 50 km cycling on mountainous roads of Vermio (Ksirolivado-Seli). Every August, the famous Vlachochoria of Macedonia, Seli and Ksirolivado, are connected through a cycling route highlighting their common cultural tradition and their common geographical identity which is Vermio.