2nd of May The celebration of St. Athanasios in Rizomata
26th of July The celebration of St. Paraskevi, in Daskio and Sfikia
26th of October The celebration of St. Dimitrios in Polydendri and Sfikia
15th of AugustT he Assumption of the Virgin Mary in Rizomata, Daskio and Haradra
26th of December the “Festival of Tsigarida” takes place in the square of the village of Sykea.
AugustEvery August in the village of Sykea the event called “Antamoma” is taking place.
29th of AugustThe celebration of St.John the Vaptist on August 29 in Sykea.
The sidewalks and paths give visitors the opportunity to get to know the beauties and special features of the area and to practice. Walking the endless path E4, which crosses the mountain, the visitor is in an idyllic environment of absolute tranquility with rich flora and fauna.
The route of the European Long
Distance Path E4 in the region is the following:
1. Lake of “Logga”, in the village of Daskio.
2. Stone hut in “Logga” lake.
3. Orphic sanctuary above “Longa” in Sfikia village.
4. St. Georgios, in Sfikia village.
5. St. Dimitrios, in Melissorema location.
6. Natural Heritage Monument of “Paleokastro”.
7. Rizomata, with the rock as a background.
8. “Papa Chorafi”.
Other vertical and parallel routes to the European Path E4 are:
• Polydendri – Elafina – Platydromos Area – Catalonia (smooth ridges that form other natural routes).
• Polydendri – Charadra – historical village of Vergina (route through Plataneon stream).
There are many kilometers of forest roads to access the forest clusters for mountain biking. The area that can be practiced with the greatest interest is the area of St. Athanasios-“Papa Chorafi”-“Liacha”.
Most of the forest areas of the “Liacha” area and south of the ruins of “Fteri”, have NW exhibitions and together with the entire ridge from “Flampouro” to the area “Papa Chorafi”, are suitable for climbing.
The limestone rocks in the area of the Holy Monastery of Prodromos and Gouma Rizomatos, offer excellent opportunities for educational climbing.
The area of “Profiti Ilia” in the village of Rizomata when the weather conditions help, can be suitable for the sport.
The Lake of Daskio vilalge and the Lake of «Logga» are offered for recreation and boating.
The numerous natural spots are placed in amazing panoramic view locations and offer to the visitor rest and relax (Pieria Mountains, Thermaikos Golf, Olympus Mountain).
Visit and explore the rich caves, such as.
• The cavernous cave Anemotrypa, in Rizomata village.
• The cave of Paliokastro in Daskio village.
• The impressive sinkhole Hadaki in Rizomata villages.